A Blaster is in charge of the part's surface preparation. Blasters perform mechanical shot blast of the entire wind tower section and manual shot blast of the flanges to build a product that matches our high quality standards.
A Blaster must be able to:
- Prepare the booth for the arrival of the section : cleaning, identification, etc;
- Perform the assembly and disassembly of the mechanical equipment in the blast booth;
- Perform mechanical shot blast of the entire wind tower section and manual shot blast og the flanges;
- Perform visual inspection of the section (color, rust or suface defaults);
- Remove all particles after the section is blasted;
- Inspect the part using measuring tools (thickness, finishing surface);
- Complete the quality documents;
- Move different quipment using the overhead crane or forklift;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
- Manual Dexterity;
- Detail oriented;
- Sense of observation.
- Wear a tight-fitting respirator and/or a blast suit and helmet;
- Climb stairs and ladders;
- Work at heights;
- Lift and carry between 30-70 lbs;
- Hold hose with 125 lbs of pressure;
- Stand and walk for long periods of time;
- Bend, kneel, squat, twist, reach;
- Work above shoulder;
- Tolerate exposure to weather, hot/cold environments;
- Work rotating shifts.
- Relevant experience or training.
MARMEN ENERGY OFFERS A WIDE RANGE OF BENEFITS AMONGST THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY:
- Group health insurance, including life insurance/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, medical, dental, and vision plans;
- 401(k) plan;
- Holidays, paid time off, and unpaid personal days;
- Company-paid uniforms;
- Team member assistance program;
- Team member discounts in many local businesses;
- Referral program;
- In some cases, Marmen Energy will reimburse relocation expenses for new employees;
- Pay based on experience.
We also offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in a stimulating and dynamic environment.