As a Blaster, you will be in charge of the part's surface préparation. You will perform mechanical shot blast of the entire wind tower section and manual shot blast of the flanges to build a product that matches our high quality standards.
As a Blaster, you must be able to :
- Prepare the booth for the arrival of the section : cleaning, identification, etc.
- Perform the assembly and disassembly of the mechanical equipment in the blast booth;
- Perform mechanical shot blast of the entire wind tower section and manual shot blast og the flanges;
- Perform visual inspection of the section (color, rust or suface defaults);
- Remove all particles after the section is blasted;
- Inspect the part using measuring tools (thickness, finishing surface);
- Complete the quality documents;
- Move different quipment using the overhead crane or forklift;
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
MARMEN ENERGY OFFERS A WIDE RANGE OF BENEFITS AMONGST THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY:
- Group health insurance, including life insurance/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, medical, dental, and vision plans;
- 401(k) plan;
- Holidays, paid time off, and unpaid personal days;
- Company-paid uniforms;
- In some cases, Marmen Energy will reimburse relocation expenses for new employees.
We also offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in a stimulating and dynamic environment.
- Manual Dexterity;
- Detail oriented;
- Sense of observation.
Must be able to :
- Wear a tight-fitting respirator and/or a blast suit and helmet;
- Climb stairs and ladders;
- Work at heights;
- Lift and carry between 30-70 lbs;
- Hold hose with 125 lbs of pressure;
- Stand and walk for long periods of time;
- Bend, kneel, squat, twist, reach;
- Work above shoulder;
- Tolerate exposure to weather, hot/cold environments;
- Work rotating shifts.
- Relevant experience or training.