The Learn To Be A Welder program at Marmen Energy allows interested candidates the opportunity to learn welding while working full time as Welder Apprentices. Welder Apprentices will work to become AWS certified and progress to become a Welder. No prior welding experience is required. Those interested in learning more about this opportunity should visit the link below and submit to receive a call from a recruiter to talk more about this great opportunity.
As a Welding Apprentice, you will learn to :
- Set up the welding machine as specified by procedure;
- Position and start the welding machine;
- Operate the machine by verifying the weld performed and removing spatter;
- Read and understand procedures and welding specifications;
- Perform visual inspections;
- Inspect metal work piece using measuring devices;
- Grind surface to meet the quality norm;
- Perform daily welding equipment maintenance;
- Ensure safe handling of parts with forklift;
- Complete production and quality documents;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MARMEN ENERGY OFFERS A WIDE RANGE OF BENEFITS AMONGST THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY:
- Group health insurance, including life insurance/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, medical, dental, and vision plans;
- 401(k) plan;
- Holidays, paid time off, and unpaid personal days;
- Company-paid uniforms;
- In some cases, Marmen Energy will reimburse relocation expenses for new employees.
Also, we offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in a stimulating and dynamic environment.
- Manual dexterity;
- Rigor and meticulousness;
- Sense of observation;
- Follow established procedure;
- Team spirit and collaboration.
- Must have the ability to wear a tight-fitting respirator;
- Must have the ability to acquire welding certifications;
- Tolerate exposure to weather, hot/cold environments;
- Work rotating shifts (5/4, 'S', schedule 1,2,3 including working during the week and the week-ends).
Must be able to
- Sit for extended periods of time;
- Climb stairs and ladders; work at heights;
- Lift and carry between 30-50 lbs frequently, 50-70 lbs occasionally;
- Stand for long periods of time;
- Bend, kneel, squat for extended periods of time. Twist and reach frequently.