This role will act as a key contact for various internal and external players regarding training, prevention and follow-up of occupational health and safety and work-related injuries. The role is actively involved in putting in place technical measures to achieve organizational goals in occupational health and safety. This role will have a weekly schedule of M - F of 10 A.M. to 7 P.M.
In this position, the duties may include:
- Identify training needs and coordinate scheduling of training classes, including delivering training presentations and outsourcing training to approved vendors;
- Maintain up to date, accurate records of environmental, health and safety activities;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of action plans, procedures and policies related to OHS prevention: industrial hygiene, machinery safety, work at heights, rigging, emergency measures, etc.;
- Work closely with various players (employees, supervisors, technical staff, sub-contractors, etc.) to ensure safe practices consistent with applicable laws and regulations;
- Conduct workplace inspections and audits to identify and assess OHS risks;
- Investigate incidents and accidents and follow up on recommendations made to the persons concerned;
- Assist with the medical aspects and coordinate employee's return to work following an accident; assist with managing workers’ compensation claims;
- Advise and support the Environment, Health and Safety Specialist and directors on strategic directions and health and safety objectives;
- Perform any other related duties that may assist in the completion of OHS projects.
- Boots on the ground approach and ability to put theory into practice;
- Participative approach and willingness to cooperate with employees;
- Ability to bring people together and to promote OSH objectives;
- Rigor and sense of organization;
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Relevant diploma in a field related to prevention of work-related injuries prevention (or equivalent);
- Knowledge of OHS laws, regulations and standards;
- Knowledge of OSHA-administrative process;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- 2 to 3 years experience in a similar position;
- Experience in risk analysis;
- Knowledge in industrial hygiene.
MARMEN ENERGY OFFERS A WIDE RANGE OF BENEFITS AMONGST THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY:
- Competitive pay based on experience, salary review after 6 months of employment and annually;
- Full range group health insurance, including life insurance/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, medical, dental, and vision plans;
- 401(k) plan;
- Referral program up to $3,000;
- Holidays, paid time off, and unpaid personal days;
- Team member assistance program;
- Company-paid uniforms;
- Team member discounts in many local businesses;
- In some cases, Marmen Energy will reimburse relocation expenses for new employees.
We also offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in a stimulating and dynamic environment.
Keywords: Health and Safety, OSHA, Occupational Health and Safey, OHS, risk analysis, audit