The Assembler-Summer position is a temporary position for the summer term. The start date is flexible between April and May, and must go through to August.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will assemble various components inside a tower section. You will put parts together one by one while using different methods to build a product that matches our high quality standards.
As an Assembler, you must be able to :
- Prepare and assemble various components inside a tower section such as : bus-bar systems, platforms, ladders, mechanical components, etc.
- Pre-assemble the hardware used for the platforms assembly, ladders, etc.
- Cut and prepare electric cables
- Drill holes in the aluminium trays to attach the neon lights and electrical boxes
- Assemble parts in preparation for the lift
- Perform final inspection of each section and install a tarp at each end of the section
- Complete the quality documentation required
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor such as : perform various touch-ups, clean the sections, etc.
- Manual dexterity
- Detail oriented
- Sense of observation
- Team oriented.
- Wear a tight-fitting respirator
- Climb stairs and ladders; work at heights
- Lift and carry between 30-50 pounds
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Bend, kneel, squat, twist, reach
- Work above shoulders
- Tolerate exposure to weather, hot/cold environments
- Work on rotating shifts.
- Relevant training.