Welder Trainees will set up and operate arc-welding machine as specified. Welder Trainees use their ability to successfully fabricate the tower sections for the company.
A WELDER TRAINEE MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Set up the welding machine as specified by procedure;
- Position and start the welding machine;
- Operate the machine by verifying the weld performed and removing spatter;
- Read and understand procedures and welding specifications;
- Perform visual inspections;
- Inspect metal work piece using measuring devices;
- Grind surface to meet the quality norm;
- Perform daily welding equipment maintenance;
- Ensure safe handling of parts with forklift;
- Complete production and quality documents;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manual dexterity;
- Rigor and meticulousness;
- Sense of observation;
- Follow established procedure;
- Team spirit and collaboration.
- Must have the ability to wear a tight-fitting respirator;
- Must have the ability to acquire welding certifications;
- Tolerate exposure to weather, hot/cold environments;
- Sit for extended periods of time;
- Climb stairs and ladders; work at heights;
- Lift and carry between 30-50 lbs frequently, 50-70 lbs occasionally;
- Stand for long periods of time;
- Bend, kneel, squat for extended periods of time. Twist and reach frequently.
- Relevant training/diploma or experience.
MARMEN ENERGY OFFERS A WIDE RANGE OF BENEFITS AMONGST THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY:
- Group health insurance, including life insurance/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, medical, dental, and vision plans.
- 401(k) plan.
- Holidays, paid time off, and unpaid personal days.
- Company-paid uniforms.
- Team member assistance program;
- Team member discounts in many local businesses;
- Referral program;
- In some cases, Marmen Energy will reimburse relocation expenses for new employees.
We also offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in a stimulating and dynamic environment.