You will set up and operate arc-welding machine as specified by the operating chats. You will use your ability to successfully fabricate the tower sections for the company.
As a Welding Operator, you must be able to :
- Set up the welding machine as specified by procedure;
- Position and start the welding machine;
- Operate the machine by verifying the weld performed and removing spatter;
- Read and understand procedures and welding specifications;
- Perform visual inspections;
- Inspect metal work piece using measuring devices;
- Grind surface to meet the quality norm;
- Perform daily welding equipment maintenance;
- Ensure safe handling of parts with forklift;
- Complete production and quality documents;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MARMEN ENERGY OFFERS A WIDE RANGE OF BENEFITS AMONGST THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY:
- Group health insurance, including life insurance/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance, medical, dental, and vision plans;
- 401(k) plan;
- Holidays, paid time off, and unpaid personal days;
- Company-paid uniforms;
- In some cases, Marmen Energy will reimburse relocation expenses for new employees.
Also, we offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in a stimulating and dynamic environment.
- Manual dexterity;
- Rigor and meticulousness;
- Sense of observation;
- Follow established procedure;
- Team spirit and collaboration.
- Must have the ability to wear a tight-fitting respirator;
- Must have the ability to acquire welding certifications;
- Tolerate exposure to weather, hot/cold environments;
- Work rotating shifts (5/4, 'S', schedule 1,2,3 including working during the week and the week-ends).
Must be able to
- Sit for extended periods of time;
- Climb stairs and ladders; work at heights;
- Lift and carry between 30-50 lbs frequently, 50-70 lbs occasionally;
- Stand for long periods of time;
- Bend, kneel, squat for extended periods of time. Twist and reach frequently.
- Relevant training/diploma or experience.